Monday, February 02, 2004

This is my first blog, though I have made quite a few rants that could have been blog entries but then I digress. So right now I am at school typing on a Laptop... enough said. Anyway there isn't much new in the news that I've heard about, no new Dean-isms Bush-isms or any other ism. Belinda mania (PC party leadership candidate) seems to have crashed now just waiting for the burning, well not really. While I am impressed at the well generated hype around Belinda the fact is when you hype something too much usually it creates unrealistic expectations or hides the fact there is little or no substance (think back to any overly hyped Hollywood movie, Godzilla anyone?). I find it funny how Belinda (apparently I'm just following a trend by calling her by first name instead of Ms. Stronach) is using her image to appeal to voters though mainly it would be male voters. It would be interesting to see if she can win the leadership and what kind of leader she would be, while I hold no illusions that she would be any more ethical or concerned for the 'average Canadian' than any other leader - it would help if she does generates some interest in the politics of this country, at the very least it would keep Mr. Martin in check.

No comments: