Monday, October 06, 2008

Ouch, been a while

Sigh after what seemed like a regular interval of updating the posts kinda lagged there, not that I don't have quite a bit of material to use (in fact maybe too much) but slow to non-existant internet and an involvement in a variety of side projects has kept me from this pleasant past-time. So today I'll show that I haven't bummed around the whole time in Sri Lanka since my last post (though there was a bit of that too;). Below are a few pictures I managed to take but they really didn't have much place in an opinionated piece so they were just sitting on the hard drive gathering electronic dust, anyway for your enjoyment some random photos of things with a brief caption if I have the engery :)


The above picture is the road outside my house, in the community of Rajagiria Udyanaya (as well I am a figure head president of the community association by an odd series of events to relate at a later time).

On the west coast in Colombo (the urban hub of Sri Lanka), this was the day I managed to see the beach for the first time... though wasn't much beach, mostly rocks and trains. The day was a bit overcast as well but just felt the need to see the ocean and feel the salt in the air.

Now the above picture is a favourite simply because it was taken quite by chance as I was walking home, happened to look up and saw this sight... and it wasn't some exotic location, just about 30 feet from my house.

A water monitor just off a bridge close to parliment grounds, the parliment area is quite scenic but as it is considered a High Security Zone (HSZ) pictures aren't supposed to be taken... fortunately being a clueless tourist serves well to avoid any 'inconveniences'

Another pic near parliment grounds, pretty self explanatory - a buddhist temple with standing statue... or it could be an advertising thing...

That's about all I have the patience to upload right now, wish I had taken more pictures recently but sometimes it's good to not draw attention to oneself (I do that enough already ;). Anyway if I get a chance will update later with some photo and comments or if you're really luck a full length blog entry.
Ah, I do have another excuse for not being able to update in the future but that in itself is another post away... oh well. Take care all

No comments: