Friday, January 23, 2009

It ain't got Guinea pigs, but...

So I was planning to write my great opus of local conflicts and give a compelling argument of my take on the whole sordid mess… then my brain exploded from the depth of complexity I was trying to fit into a single blog post.
After recovering by watching some inane and pointless media I was ready to reattempt another entry but it was turning into what would be an epic novel by the standards of the Internet.
I will still attempt to write my viewpoint but I have a lot of editing to do, speaking of editing I must say that one quote has been springing to mind quite a lot recently:

Write drunk, edit sober.”

To those who have had the experience of being inebriated I’m sure you can relate well to those words. Unfortunately for me, the prospect of endeavouring to write while intoxicated – while certainly appealing, is impractical in my case as I need to write quite a bit in relation to work and my relations in the area do not approve of alcohol consumption. In addition the prospect of drinking the ungodly stuff that passes for beer in my present local is quite disturbing… I miss McEwan’s, or a good ice cold Keiths. I’ve even taken the liberty of emailing the Keith’s brewery to see if there is someplace I can acquire the godly nectar… and no I am not an alcoholic.

Anyway I digress (actually I have no idea what that means… meh), so it finally comes around to the point where I have to decide what the heck I am going to write about. We’ll this time it will be something quite inane but can make me smile even when I’m not feeling too good (one can be surprised how often these things are needed).
So after my brain meltdown I decided to peruse some old internet sites and browsed around newgrounds, a user built site consisting the scum of the internet who make amateur flash movies and games, though some are better than mainstream.
There I came across a excessively cute but fun clip called “There She Is!” I had seen way back when, basically the story of a Rabbit and a Cat falling in love… okay I know it sounds corny but believe me it is fun, innocent and something that makes a nice change of pace from thinking about corruption, nationalism, suicide bombers, exploitation and the general ills of the world.
Though I was surprised to see that there were four more episodes or 'steps' to the clip that the author produced, and while it was a bit darker and had more depth managed to make me smile more. Give a watch for yourself and see if you can’t smile at the end.

No comments: