Friday, January 23, 2009


Well last post I mentioned that I had emailed the Keith's brewery about getting some decent beer, and quite to my surprise they actually responded! I am so amazed that I actually decided to post ASAP rather than wait the usual couple of days/weeks/months... hehe small joke... uhm.
Anyway for your reading pleasure below is a transcript of the mail, though the news wasn't what I had hoped.

My passionate plea:

Greetings,
My name is Srian Fernando, I've lived in Canada all my life, though recently moved to Sri Lanka for a few months. While the weather is decidedly warmer, I find one thing lacking and it is a growing concern. There isn't a single decent beer here, when one is accustomed to Canadian beer (most notably Keiths of course) the local stuff I have to reluctantly force down (t'is a crime to waste beer after all).
Anyway I was hoping I could find out if there is someplace I would be able to get a bottle of Keiths in Sri Lanka or if not is there some way to get some? I would also like to introduce my new friends to some 'real beer'.
Thank you,
Srian

--------------------------------------
"No one writes jokes in base 13 [...] I may be a pretty sad person but I don't write jokes in base 13"
-Douglas Adams

The prompt yet disappointing response:

Thank you for your e-mail Srian. We appreciate that you took the time to leave us your comments. Unfortunately Alexander Keith's cannot be purchased in Sri Lanka at this time. In reality Alexander Keith's is growing so fast in Canada that we are straining to meet demand. Today it would be difficult to consider any export markets, however please stay tuned, as we are always thinking about the future. Thank you for your interest in Keith's.

Best regards,

Tania

Keith's Customer Service

So that is that, I'll have to settle for drinking the local beer when I have the chance... oh well. I suppose I can try the Coconut Arrack, it burns so badly you forget all about the taste... and anything else for that matter. So to all of legal age, raise a glass and enjoy what you have while it lasts, for as that ol'song says "Ya don't know what you've got till it's gone", there was also something about a taxi but it never made much sense to me. Take care.

No comments: