Monday, October 10, 2005

Bootwhistle
For some reason the later I stay up the more creative I feel, hmmm maybe shutting down some parts of the brain helps one be more uninhibited... or makes things seem like a good idea. Anyway honestly I have not looked at any news in almost a week, the only thing I can say for sure is that the weather is getting colder... global warming ? what warming? (I apologize for that overused joke) Well one thing that's is pretty visible is the Telus strike which doesn't seem to show much sign of stopping. What puzzles me is that niether side seems to be doing much to really end the strike, for the longest time they didn't even negotiate with each other. Each side prefering preasure tactics to make the other side capitulate... and unfortunately for better or worse the union is at a 'slight' disadvantage here. Telus has already taken this opportunity to cut back on jobs, deciding to open call centers in India and closing down the ones the operate in Canada. It probably is smart buisness and will save the company in the long run, but one can't help but sypmathize with the workers who are going to lose their jobs because the union doesn't know what its doing... well at least it seems that way, it could be some master chess-like strategy but somehow I doubt the people in charge are ever that bright.

No comments: