Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bootwhistle
The world turns, well at least that what science tells us. It's probably old news but I don't think I've blogged about the creationism vs evolution fad. From what I gather (usually second hand) there are a number of 'religious' groups trying to get creationism... oops I mean 'Intelligent design' taught in science class as an alternative to evolution. This really annoys me, though honestly I could care less if the world was created through random mutations or the Flying spaghetti Monster, however don't pass off religion as a science and pretend you're not shovelling it out with both hands. If people want to push religion into schools do it the honorable way, and if the parents really want religion taught, petition for a religious studies class. Seriously if religion can't handle evolution as a valid scientific theory (at least according to my breakfast cereal) then there are deeper problems than worrying about being related to a monkey (it would probably be insulting to the monkeys). I guess what really scares me is that normal people could have such amazingly narrow minds and claim to promote science!, while I could even accept the blind faith in Bush on some level since politics is so full of bullshit usually people don't bother sorting through it anymore. But to twist science to push ... Lets be real a Christian agenda, is underhanded in a way that couldn't be something a truly enlightened 'religion' should be capable of. Do the ends really justify the means - what would Jesus do?

No comments: